Image streaming is the exact technique used by geniuses such as Einstein, Edison and Tesla. Not only will image streaming enhance your creativity, it will actually increase your IQ!
Image streaming is your doorway to the subconscious mind. This stream-of-consciousness visualization technique delivers spontaneously-generated thoughts directly from the subconscious mind as an answer or solution to a problem or simply to see what comes up. The image streaming process is especially useful for composing.
Here are the steps to image streaming:
- Breathe deeply and progressively relax your entire body from head to toe.
- Close your eyes and describe images aloud to either a live person or to a tape recorder. This step is important because describing images aloud and having a live recipient of those images creates a feedback loop which makes the connection from the subconscious to the conscious even stronger.
- You must use all senses in your descriptions: Sight, sound, touch, smell and taste.
- Describe in the present tense and don’t hesitate, stop or edit.
That’s all there is to it. It’s always the simple things that make the most impact to your life.
Here’s a couple of exercises to get you going:
- Just describe anything. Take a good look at any object close by, close your eyes and start describing it. This will get you acquainted with the image streaming process.
- Take a problem that you need a solution to, such as a new and improved opening song for your band’s set or the form of a new song you’re writing, and allow the images to spontaneously come. Let your mind take you in whatever direction it wants. Soon, you will have an extremely creative idea fall right into your lap.
As I said earlier, there’s evidence that image streaming increases your IQ by .8 with every hour practiced! Some other benefits of image streaming includes increased memory, better brain health, enriched experience, build your power of understanding and increased self-esteem. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.